Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lucas


My oldest and closest friends Sam and Glenn welcomed Lucas into the world a couple of weeks ago. He is so cute, I wanted to take him home with me today. I won a bottle of champagne, because I was the closest guess for his name (luke) at Sam's baby shower.

I have known Sam since primary school, we lost touch when we went to separate high schools. But we met up again when we were both worked at McDonald's.

When Alex was born, Sam was always there for me. I was only 20 at the time, and all my friends were going out and drinking and I couldn't do that anymore. So I lost touch with them all, I would have felt lonely if it wasn't for Sam. She came over all the time, and we would take Alex for walks in her pram. Sam's shoulder was the one would cry on. 

My husband, Reuben has been friends with Glenn since high school. Glenn was one of first of Reuben's friends I met when we got together. He was also the one that drove us to the hospital when I was in labour with Alex, because we didn't have a car or a drivers license at the time.

Sam and Glenn meet through us, and friendship turned into love. They spend a few years overseas, and I missed them deeply while they were away. I am so happy they are back in Australia I would have not wanted to miss meeting sweet baby Lucas.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucas is such a cutie-pie.